Navigation

Back to Latest Articles
Post-Modern Pandemic Pause

Post-Modern Pandemic Pause

r.douglas
r.douglas
Post-Modern Pandemic Pause

The only thing I’ve written in weeks was a Thank You note concerning a birthday gift of stereo speakers that are, right now, left and righting directly behind me. Damn near Studio Monitors, I dare say. Sweet to my now-septuagenarian auricular—I so confess.

And fess up to listening to Electric Swing (nujazz) like the that below:

I just can’t let go of this no go of no posting. I can’t even punk a poem up. Perhaps, because I can’t plant my butt on a barstool, or greasy spoon them biscuits and gravy, or wave a runner in from third, or give word to our return to the Dark Ages.

“C’est la vie” say the old folks.

Show Comments (8)

Comments

• LA
    LA

You do write like a Hopper painting….

• Article Author
      r.douglas

I often curse the canvas

• Article Author
      • LA
        LA

As does any good artist

• Article Author
          r.douglas

too kind LA

• Article Author
    Susanne

While I continue to write in this post-modern pause, I find it a grind. i think its the lack of external stimulation, other than the daily news which i now avoid like the plague we are experiencing.

• Article Author
      r.douglas

I get the need for no news, but I’ve been cursed to hang on the headline. Stay well.

• Article Author
    Michael Graeme

Loved both those videos. Men and women dancing to an infectious beat. Hell those were the days! And Mariana Grande – close to our hearts here in the North of England. Love that girl, and a great song, hey now. Weird, weird times now of a sudden, pole-axed the lot of us, but you have a great voice. Time out, and take care.

Best regards

Michael

• Article Author
      r.douglas

Thanks Michael, you stay well.

• Article Author

Comments? Cool!

Related Articles

Heat Lighting
Poetry

Heat Lighting

I prefer the rain to threaten than to actually fall for Friday forecast foreplay ——- Flower Power Telephony Hey, fleuriste, florista, lovely florist lady I’ve got a...

Posted on by r.douglas
Bridging The Gulf
Poetry

Bridging The Gulf

For Snz: ….Her six words… jetpack, crooner, shapeshift, biscuit, chalet, sly Bridging The Gulf It was a jetpack junket nothing sly about a G-5 a special interest shapeshift of a...

Posted on by r.douglas